Thursday, August 14, 2008

The girls are doing well...

My caseworker came over for about an hour to talk to me about the whole adoption process and we talking about some other stuff with the rest of the kids too. I found out a few things that I didn't know about Little E and Baby T's Mom as well.

Anyway, I told her that the girls are doing well. Little E is sweet and has started babbling away. She is enjoying playing and will tell me when the kids are doing something they're not supposed to. She listens very well and loves to try and help with Baby L. They have an 11-month old baby brother, so I'm sure that's where that comes from. She is potty-trained and has just taken to Deidra.

Baby T is quiet and I have only heard her say a handful of words (she'll be 2 next month) and I talked to the speech therapist about getting her an evaluation. She also will start crying when I walk out of her sight and she wants to be held all the time. Both girls are asking for 2-3 extra helpings at each meal and once they finish, a few minutes later they want another snack. They've been drinking a ton too. They don't look like they've been deprived of food so that's surprising to me. So it may be just learning to trust us here too...we'll see how they do over the next couple of days and see if it levels off any. Sharing is a big issue right now as well among the 3,2, and 1 year old. They pull stuff out of each others hands and the others start screaming...so that'll be the big thing to work on.

Little E and Baby J are totally having fun playing together...now if I can just get Baby J to be gentle. They were playing peek-a-boo with each other and Little E went in our coat closet and Baby J was standing outside the door. He went to close the door just as she decided to come out and totally got her in the face with the door and now she's supporting a bruise on her cheekbone from that. Hadn't even been here 24 hours and she's already got a bruise. She fell out of the chair in the dining room, somersaulted, and hit her head on our lineoleum as well. I still can't figure out how she managed to do that. I was standing nearby when I saw her start to fall and I tried to get over there as quick as I could before she hit the ground, but I didn't quite make it. I think I'll be going to the store today to get another booster seat as I don't want that to happen again.

But they are doing well...I think our big thing to work on is going to be sharing as the girls do not understand that concept and Baby J needs to totally work on that too. We're working on pick-up time as well. They totally had every toy in our playroom out and scattered all over yesterday. I told them it was pick-up time and Deidra went in to help and they all wanted to just sit and watch her. So, I went in and showed them what to do and directed them and they did pretty well. Andy came home from work and was like "whoa, did a tornado hit in here?" I told them they'd pick up and they did. I think I may try if you get something out, you have to put something away first today and see if that works better.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home