Friday, June 05, 2009

As busy as a bee...

So much going on, so much needs to be done. Flylady has me saying "you can do anything in 15 minutes." So, that is literally what I'm trying to do. I have a cycle that I'm trying to do.

15 minutes of sensory activities, 15 minutes of reading my adoption books that we have to read, 15 minutes of cleaning, 15 minutes of educational stuff with the kids, 15 minutes of reading my fiction book, and a 15-minute break for e-mail and 15 minutes of outside time and I'm trying to spend 15 minutes doing some stuff for me, my marriage, and to be a better parent as well. Then the process starts over. Granted, I'm having to stop in between there to make meals/snacks and I have other stuff thrown in there...and I'm always having to stop and get the kids out of something or stopping to discipline or whatever...but I am trying my darndest to do everything. Baby J has t-ball practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Deidra has volleyball practice on Thursdays too. Deidra's games start this Saturday and Baby J's games start next week on Tuesdays and Fridays and they're moving practices for his games on game days and he just needs to be there 30 minutes before.

The kids all have occupational therapy on Mondays for 45 minutes each child as well and I was just told that they're getting a part-time assistant and she asked me if I would be open to having Baby J do another session as she really feels he needs a session just devoted to strictly sensory stuff because he is so over the top. She thought they could give him 45 minutes of massages, joint compressions, and exposing him to different textures and other stuff that will help with his issues. I told her all that I've been doing lately but I think it will help and I'm willing to give it a try. So, that will start in the next week or two. Then, Baby T is still in speech twice a week as well, but I'm still having problems with the speech therapist not showing for appts and now they're starting to crack down on us for not having all the documentation on why appts are missed and they want us to reschedule as much as possible. She cancelled on me 3 times this week and Baby T only had one appt that we made it for. I cancelled the other day due to car problems. UGH! And the kids are all in play therapy every two weeks now as well.

I just got monthly paperwork done and I need to go get that turned in after I get Deidra from school. Summer vacation starts today!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are beyond as busy as a bee! you are superwoman! What an inspiration. you have pretty realistic goals and seem to stick to them. you are truly an inspiration. just don't get run down, or beat yourself up if stuff happens. By the way how is T with her whining/crying? And what do you do with it. need some pointers
-blogstaulker :-0

8:27 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Miss you blogstalker. :-) Baby T is having a really hard time with whining/crying. I give her a warning and encourage her to use her words instead. If that doesn't work, she goes into her room until she calms down. She's been spending lots of time up there lately, but I keep sticking to it. I figure if she doesn't have an audience it won't be as appealing to her.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home