Friday, August 07, 2009

I pray he gets in...

Josiah is doing a bit better (read my previous posts), but we're still dealing with so many behavioral issues, his defiance, and his behaviors really get in the way of him progressing in therapy and so forth. I just wonder sometimes what we're truly dealing with. His psychiatrist says he's ADHD, my OT says she wonders if he isn't bi-polar and that he definitely is way over the top with some of his behaviors. She also was the one that told me that he had the sensory integration disorder and areas to work with him on. Reading some of Mom's history, I wonder what's really going on. My OT told me about the Child Study Center in Fort Worth and told me that she thought it would be a good idea to have him evaluated there. I filled out an 11 page evaluation on him...they asked for a lot of family history that I just didn't have. I asked my OT for help answering some of the questions and she helped me out a great deal. They asked what age he seemed to function at and she thought he acted more like 2 than a 3 year old and there's still some stuff he really struggles with...she mentioned some stuff and I put it in the comments area. Like he still struggles with feeding himself and with fine motor skills and he is constantly melting down over something...he really seems to have trouble coping with things when he's mad over not getting his way. She told me just to answer as best as I could and she thought that they'd take him. I pray she's right. I just want to know what we're truly dealing with...I just want to be able to help him the best way that I can and I feel like I need to know what is truly going on with him to be able to do that. I sent his paperwork in today, so I pray that we hear something soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home