Thursday, August 06, 2009

Lord, give me patience today...

Baby T is still fussing up a storm. She got up this morning crying that she was poopy. Then, she is fussing that she doesn't want to eat and she started a huge fit. Then, I told Little E that it was a visit day and she started yelling that her tummy hurt. Normally they get excited to go to their visits. I walked out of the kitchen and told them I had to go potty and Baby T started SCREAMING because I was leaving the room and then Little E wanted me to hold her. She got on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck, prompty explained that she needed to throw up and I took her into the bathroom. She didn't do anything, but spit up the chewed food that she had in her mouth. I told her that's not really throwing up. She wanted back on my lap. Things settled down for a bit. I'm drying their clothes and then am going to give them a bath and get them ready to go to their visit. Deidra's still in bed (she slept over at a friend's house the night before last and something tells me they didn't get much sleep as Deidra was pretty grumpy yesterday when I went to get her from the neighbors and we weren't in the car 5 minutes and she was asleep). Little E just started yelling at me that she was going to wake Deidra up so they could get ready for their visit. I told her we still had about an hour before we had to leave. Josiah fell asleep again and I'd like to have him nap for a bit so he's not grouchy later. Please let the girls visit go well and give them a sense of peace today. I pray that Baby T's crying bouts will lessen as well and that Little E will listen better today and not be so defiant. She's really been giving her Mom a hard time during visits as well the past month. Lord, I just pray for lots of peace, patience, love, and compassion for our family today.

My Dad is due in town as well and I pray that him and Mom can reconcile their differences and their arguments from this past week. They both can get so judgmental of one another over their text messages. I keep telling them that they need to talk things out in person so there are no misunderstandings and criticism over something that needn't get so many upset feelings when it's really nothing. Of course, I get to hear both sides and try to keep the peace and I don't always like being put in the middle either. However, I talk to them both and I get bits and pieces of what is going on from both of them and of course they think one thing when I know what the other was really thinking at the time because I've heard it...so I get to be the peace keeper. Lord, give me peace to know how to deal with all of this. Since I'm the oldest of us kids, and I have a family of my own, I think I see and understand more than my brothers so I'm the one my parents pick to talk to about all of this, but sometimes it really burdens my heart with it all too. I just pray for reconciliation between them so that our family can be restored.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home