Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby T

Kim, I brought up what you thought about Baby T possibly being tongue-tied to the speech therapist yesterday. She said that is what she is thinking, however, she was hesitant to bring it up to me until her supervisor came out next week to give her some pointers on how to get Baby T to move her tongue to form her sounds, because she didn't want to worry me over something she wasn't sure about. I told her that I honestly didn't know what to look for and never even thought about it being a possibility as I've never known anyone with that condition to see the signs. Anyway, she said she'd bring her supervisor out and see what she thought next week. I told her I'd just get her in to see the pediatrician so that we can get it taken care of if it does turn out to be the case. So, she goes in on Monday morning to see the doctor. I just wanted to say thanks for suggesting that as it's something I never would have thought of.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

Glad to hear it might be what is causing some of her speech problems.
In all my years teaching special ed, I've heard many types of speech problems. The way you described how she said words sounded just like a boy I had the past two years. That is what is wrong with his speech I believe, although they also found out he had moderate hearing loss. So they might want to do a hearing screening on her as well. Hope all works out!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home