Friday, July 24, 2009

Acts 29: Repent

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17).

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; be zealous therefore, and repent" (Revalations 3:19.

"Have mercy upon me, Oh God, according to thy lovinghindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest and be clear when thou judgest" (Psalm 51:1-4.

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19.

"Repent therefore of this thy wickedness; and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee" (Acts 8:22.

"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you" (Proverbs 1:23.

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad" (II Corinthians 5:10.

Personal Application for Command 1
Praying the Names of God
Holy God--Joshua 24:19-21
Passage Joshua 24:19-21:

19And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

20If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.

21And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD.



Advocate--1 John 2:1
Passage 1 John 2:1:

1 John 2
1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Examining My Heart
Have I cried out to God for salvation?
What is God convicting me of right now?
Have I confessed my sin?
Do I have a spirit of repentance rather than just a feeling of regret?
Have I turned from the sins of which the Holy Spirit has convicted me?
Have I asked God for a clean heart that follows after me?
Have I spent time in prayer over my sin?
How can I demonstrate my repentance?

Developing Character
Humility vs. Pride
Humility is recognizing that in myself I am nothing and have nothing, and therefore, everything in life is a gift from God's hand.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, called you tonight (Saturday). Need a break. Talk to you later, Beth

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home