Thursday, July 23, 2009

Andy and I seem to be in a slump...

Things aren't horrible by any means, but man things seem to be dry between us lately. The kids had vacation bible school this week and we could go out 2 hours and actually have date nights if we wanted to...it was a fight just to get Andy to take me out. He just wanted to come home. We talked last night and he wound up hurting my feelings about some things. I wound up crying and I went to bed. He came to bed a few minutes later saying that he didn't mean to hurt me or upset me.

I told him last night that I've been trying to be so much better about meeting his needs. I learned a lot in reading The Love Dare and I've been working my butt off doing so much around here trying to show him how much I love and appreciate him. Guess I'm not doing such a great job after all. I'm really down about it too. I guess it's time to pray for my husband and ask for some help with God. And like I said, things aren't miserable or horrible...I just don't feel like we really meet one another's emotional needs right now. I told him when he comes home and when the kids go to bed, it's like pulling teeth to get him to talk to me about anything...he'd rather be on his computer or if we go somewhere he's messing aroudn with all his iPhone apps. It would just be nice to have some of his attention lately.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home