Friday, July 24, 2009

Acts 29 Base Questions

This is what they went over their first meeting that I missed, but my Mom and I went over a couple of them with the Bible Study Leader and I thought I'd post them all here.

First Base Questions
1. Do you know for sure that you are going to Heaven when you die? Why or why not?
I would like to think that I am. I was baptized as a child of God when I was 12 years old and I try to live my life for Him. However, I do think that in certain situations if you quit living your life as you should that God's Kingdom can be taken from you. I strive to say on the path to Him and I hope to live with Him one day.

2. Briefly share your testimony if you have accepted Christ: What was you life like before Christ? How did you get saved? What difference has Christ made in your life?
I can remember early memories of being a little girl and going to church with my Grandparents and my Parents. I always loved going to church. When my Mom got sick and she passed away, we quit going. It was something that I missed. When my Dad got re-married, I can remember going in their bedroom and asking if we could go to church on Sundays. Sometimes we did, sometimes we didn't. We tried out different churches...non-denominational, Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist.... When I was 11, a friend's mom that I went to elementary school with introduced us to the Catholic church. We wound up going to the traditional Latin Mass with them and a year later we converted. When I was 12, I was baptised with my baby brother, Zach and it made a profound impact on me. Wow, all my sins were washed away and I was like a baby again! I was a true child of God! The very next day, I made my First Communion and I was very excited! There have been a lot of things that have happened in my life that if I didn't have my faith and my relationship with God, I don't know how I would have gotten through them. Yes, there have been times that my relationship with Him has been distant...yet, I always make my way back to Him. I need Him in my life!

Second Base Questions
1. Describe your relationship with Jesus. How is your quality time? How do you interact with the Word of God?
I try to spend time in prayer and in reflecting over God's word. This is something I don't seem to devote a whole lot of time to with all my little one's, but I am trying to be better about it. He is someone who always has time for us and who always wants us to spend time with him and I need to remember that when I am feeling off or down that He is always truly there and wants to spend time with me whenever I can. I love teaching my little ones about Him too.

Third Base Questions
1. Are you a disciple of Christ?
I think I am a true follower of Christ...well as true as I can be...I am human after all. I know that I am not perfect by any means, but I try to follow Him the best that I can.
2. What does that mean?
To me it means trying to keep His Commandments, loving one another as Christ loves us, doing good deeds, and teaching God's word.
3. What attributes would you expect in a disciple?
Someone that loves everyone, somebody that you constantly see good in, somebody that makes you also want to do good and live your life for Christ. Someone that is willing to help others and is willing to teach God's Word and practices what they preach.

Home Plate Questions
1. Articulate the Great Commission: What did Jesus command us to do as his disciples? Serve Him, Know Him, and Love Him and teach that to others.

2. Read these Scriptures:
Passage Matthew 28:16-20:

16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Passage Luke 24:47-49:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48And ye are witnesses of these things.

49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Passage John 20:19-23:

19Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the LORD.

21Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Passage Acts 1:6-8:

6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

3. Are you doing these things?
I try to do them, sometimes not as much as I should.

4. Share examples and results of recent experiences.
Andy and I have been baptized and we have baptized Deidra and are getting ready to baptize Josiah. It is important to us to raise our children as children of God. We go to church every Sunday to worship as a family. When I do wrong, I ask for forgiveness not only of God, but to the person that I have wronged. I am trying to teach my family to the same and to be a good example. One thing, I think we all need to do as a family is read God's word together and pray together more often.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home