Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a day...

I got a call saying that the girls were supposed to be at play therapy right then. Our worker had forgotten to tell us. I meant to ask her earlier and one of the kids sidetracked me and I forgot to ask. She felt horrible, but I understand with everything that these things happen from time to time. She told me when we got up there that I wasn't allowed to apologize. Anyway, the play therapist took them together to work on playing together nicely as Little E loves to badger Baby T. When they got done, I asked how things went. She said that she asked them to help pick up and Baby T started immediately. Little E went about her business and the therapist asked her again to pick up the toys and Little E continued right on about her business. She said finally after asking 5 times, she had to get up close to her face and tell her again that she needed to pick up the toys or they would end the session early and she'd no longer be able to play. I told her that lately I feel like I'm just talking to a wall...I try to redirect her and take her by the hand and to bring her to what I want her to do. She throws a fit and refuses to do what I want her to do. She gets a time out and laughs all the way through it. I try to get down to her level and I ask for eye contact as well...it's all a laughing matter to her. That I guess is what is so frustrating to me and it's all day constantly. She told me she knows that it's got to be hard sometimes because she sees how head strong all 3 of my little ones are. I'll keep praying a lot and keep plugging along. :-)

Then, we went off to meet Daddy for lunch and then over to Pets Smart and the whole way there Baby T is screaming "no, go that way" and everytime I'm stopped at a light or behind a car she's screaming at me "drive, Mommy, drive." It's a good thing I had some tylenol in the car. Anyway, we go get Lucy's dog house and I get home and I'm trying to get stuff inside and Deidra's throwing a fit that none of her friends are home and she wishes we were going on vacation today instead of tomorrow. I get the dog house assembled and I get the kids back inside and I tell Josiah to take off his shoes as he's got mud all over them. He proceeds to tell me "I don't WANT to" and when he sees that I'm coming over to him to take his shoes off and put him in time out he starts throwing a fit. As I bent down to pick him up, his kicking feet caught my big toe and it immediately started throbbing. I got his shoes off and him into time out and told him that we don't talk back to Mommy. I look down at my foot and see why it's throbbing. His shoe had hit my big toe just right and it split the nail in half. I wanted to cry. He went in time out and Little E refused to listen to what I was asking her and so I picked her up and put her in Baby T's high chair. I put Baby T down for a nap. I told Josiah and Little E that Mommy needed a time out and that I needed them to just sit quietly for a few minutes. I wound up having to separate them after a couple of minutes because they kept trying to fight and argue with each other. I called Andy to talk for a few minutes and I decided to journal to take a time out. Now, I'm going to spend some time in God's word and have a cup of tea and pamper myself for a few minutes and then see about doing some therapy homework with the kids before it's time to get dinner started.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best thing you can do: journal, have a couple of tea, get some God time! You got your head on straight, girl!

Love ya lots,
Stalker

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home