Monday, March 22, 2010

Josiah's food allergy test results...

We went back to the ENT today to get Josiah's food allergy test results....WOW! The doctor says he needs to live in a bubble. He's allergic to peanuts, wheat, soybeans, corn, scallops, and sesame seeds. I'm looking into food diets to see if this will help him and hopefully it will decrease some behaviors as well. Interestingly enough when we first got him as a foster placement, I was told to put him on soymilk as he was allergic to dairy and that he was also allergic to eggs. Regardless, I'm going to see about looking into a gluten-free diet and he won't be able to eat his peanut butter sandwiches that he loves so much anymore.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, I responded on facebook but just incase you don't see that, I just wanted to let you know that Katie is on gluten free diet. If you need any help or advice, please let me know!

3:28 PM  
Blogger FOOD ALLERGY SAFE-T (FAST) said...

My son had multiple food allergies and it is extremely important to avoid all foods containing the allergens. I would begin by visiting the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network to get more information about how to manage his food allergies. If you want to learn about food allergy safety there are many websites and blogs out there. Sunbutter is a fantastic peanut butter replacement and is made from sunflower seeds but you might want to check the label just in case soy or sesame may be a trace nutrient. Also, manufacturers labels are extremely important to follow. I have been managing my son's food allergies for almost 9 years so I am familiar with the process. I also have a blog http://foodallergysaf-t.blogspot.com/ Good luck

4:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember getting test results like this for my little guy. It does feel overwhelming.

Know that there is much support in the food allergy community.

There are very tasty gluten-free bread options and several fantastic peanut butter substitutes so your guy can continue to eat his "peanut butter sandwiches" safely.

Good luck to you and reach out for help.

-Joanne
www.foodallergyassistant.com

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home