Thursday, January 20, 2005

Family Stuff

Hi again, Abba. This has been on my mind for a couple of weeks now. Just haven't made time to talk about it. Vette filed for divorce on Dad...he went and signed the papers. He decided that he wanted to get back together with Mom. I had tears in my eyes when he told me. I realized that it's honestly all I ever wanted...I want our family back together. Yet, I don't know if it's possible. Mom and Dad have both changed a lot over the past 4-5 years. Yet, they still love each other. Mom says she doesn't want the committment...they're still married in your eyes, Abba....I know they have to start over slowly and get to know each other again....Dad said that he doesn't know if he can get to the level of religion that she's at to win her over, but he wants to show her that he's willing to try again. I told him it starts with a baby step. I love them both so much. Dad said he knows that he really has made a mess of things and he wishes he could go back and do it all over again with what he knows now. I told him that we don't get that chance, but he needs to learn from his mistakes and go forward. He wants to make things right again. Mom thinks he waited too long. I know she's been deeply hurt by everything that has happened and that he's done, and I know that he doesn't fully understand the hurts that he's caused. Yet, I realize that I want them to give each other another chance. Maybe it's that I need to see them get back together to know that marriages can work out these days. I know that the timing of their divorce put a lot of strain on our new marriage and that I take some of my fears out on Andy at times. This marriage stuff can be scary sometimes. Yet, I know that I have to keep trusting Andy that our marriage has nothing to do with anyone elses. Our marriage is between You, Andy, and myself and that's all. I really do hope that my parents can work their marriage out, yet I know that I can't be upset with either of them if it doesn't. I do hope that if they can't get back together in marriage, that they can be friends though. Guide them and help them, Abba. Only You know what can happen with this situation at this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home