Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Five Accomplishments

Thank you for blessing me, Abba. Life is teaching me a lot.

What five things have you done in your life that you are most proud of?

learning to walk in faith with God...I've learned ever since I was at an early age that life is hard. I think that really hit me when my mother died when I was 8. But, I was always raised in church and God has gotten me through some very hard times in life. He continues to do that now and yes, there have been times that I have been awfully mad at him, but He takes that too. ;-) I'm forever grateful for my faith and even though there have been times that I've not spent time with Him like I should...He is still there for me waiting and this is an area in my life that I've been trying to work on for the last year or so. I am getting stronger in my faith though and that is a good thing.

Marrying my dear husband, Andy...there were people that didn't think we'd make it....and we've had our fair share of difficulties and we're still making it. I can't believe that we'll be married for 7 years as of September. I'm proud of our marriage and what we've become to one another. I just can't believe sometimes that we both had a vision of being married to one another in high school and here we are. I wouldn't trade him for anything. Yes, it's been hard, but I'm proud of us that we've weathered the storms and it only makes the good times that we go through that much better.

Having my beautiful daughter, Deidra. She was worth all the effort and more that we went through to have her. I think back on that time and wow was that a hard time in my life...the wondering if we were ever going to get pregnant....to the difficulty in carrying her...to the way we both got so sick after her delivery...I still get choked up when I think about that time. I look at her all the time and still find myself getting teary to look at her. She's our beautiful little daughter and what a miracle she is. I don't know what I would do without her really. I can't imagine my life without her. She's added so much to my life and I couldn't ever love her more. She's a beautiful child inside and out.

Going back to school so that I can eventually stay at home with our children....it's something that I really feel led to do. I miss being at home all the time and being there when Deidra really needs me. It's hard to find the time to study with everything else going on, but I'm slowly making it through. I know it will all be worth it in the end. Deidra thinks it's funny that I'm going to school like she is too.

And while we haven't totally succeeded in this accomplishment yet...adopting. The love that we already feel for these children overwhelms me at times. It's a chance to make our lives complete while helping 2 children have a better life and a family to call their own as well. I can't wait until I can hold them and bring them home and I know Andy and Deidra are just as excited as I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home