Thursday, June 15, 2006

My baby girl went off to daycare today...

Ok, so she's not exactly my baby anymore, but still. Abba, I miss her. I knew this day was coming, but I didn't expect to get choked up. We told her on Monday that she was going to go to school this week and that she needed to get back to going to bed early. She was so excited about going today that she woke me up at 6:30 to ask if it was time to go yet. We slept for awhile longer and got up around 8. I wasn't going to bring her in until noon, but she wanted to go early. I know she's missed playing with kids and she's anxious to make new friends. So, we got her ready to go. When we got there, the kids were leaving soon to go to Vacation Bible School, so she got to go on her first field trip and ride the school bus for the first time. She was a little apprehensive when I left. She clung on to my hand and said she was feeling nervous as she didn't know these kids yet and she didn't want anyone to be mean to her. I told her that Mommy and Daddy were feeling the same way with starting their new jobs down here and that we'd get through it together. I gave her a big old hug and told her that if she had any problems that she just needed to tell her teacher and her teacher would look out for her. She went off holding the teacher's hand and I went out the door with tears in my eyes. They reassured me that they'd take good care of her and I know they will, but letting go is hard. Watch over her today, Abba, and bring her a friend or two to share the day with so she won't feel so lonely. Help her to have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home