Monday, July 31, 2006

A visit with Dad...

Dad came into town last Thursday and spent the night with us. It came with a lot of emotion and Mom didn't want him at the house. He wound up there for a few minutes to see Zach and Jimmie wanted to change and Mom was disappointed in me about it. I didn't feel right just blurting out that Mom didn't want him at the house and I knew she wasn't there so it waasn't like I was making her see him or anything. He stayed outside at the picnic table for the most part and when he did go in to say good-bye to Zach he stood in the living room and tears just filled his eyes. I brought him back here along with Jimmie and we had dinner and had time to catch up. It was nice having him here and I hope that we can see him more often. I told him that I'd more than willing travel to the other truck stops...he just had to give me directions. I can remember many a time traveling 1-2 hours away just to go see him for a couple of hours at a time. He wants us to go visit him in GA sometime and I'm not quite sure that I'm ready for that. Jimmie is my security blanket when I don't know what to say or a topic got too close or hurtful...Jimmie would butt in and change the subject. So, I guess when the time comes for a visit to see him and I know that I'll have to meet Vette (his wife now), I'll make sure to take Jimmie with me. Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for a chance at visiting with him since I hadn't seen him in about 2 years. I hope that we're able to see him a little more often though from now on. The visit was a good one. Thank you, Abba. And thanks for helping Mom to understand where I was coming from as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

I am glad that the visit went well. I will pray for continued healing and time for the 2 of you.

((HUGS))

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home