Monday, July 24, 2006

Signed my baby girl up for kindergarten today...


Wow! Where has the time gone? Seems like yesterday that I was just pregnant with her. They had started taking sign-ups this week so I took her up to the school. She was a little bit nervous and we talked a bit on the way up to the door. She did stop and let me take her picture in front of the school. We went in and found the office and a few other mommies and kids came in. She started to take care of the other kids and interacting with them. The mom behind me said "you have the sweetest girl. She's so beautiful and look at how she's taking care of the other kids." That must be the part of her that has gone to daycare as I've never seen her gather in the kids like she did, but I was definitely proud of her. She got them playing and she was having fun and so were they. I filled out her application and gave them the documents that they needed and the whole time other moms that came in all I heard was how sweet Deidra was and how polite she is and how good she was at pulling the other kids in and reassuring them that they were all going to be ok. I have never been more proud of her.

I attached a picture of her school. It's huge and the weird thing is that it's not an elementary school full of different grades. This school is only for pre-k and kindergarteners. I was pretty impressed. The gym is huge, they have a huge room by the office that is filled with dining room tables and chairs and Deidra asked what that room was. I thought it was the teacher's lounge or something. Nope, that's the room where they learn about nutrition. She'll have nutrition classes, gym class, spanish classes, weekly library visits, music, and a lot more. I was very impressed with the school and the staff that I met today were very nice. We go to meet the teacher night on August 3 and she'll start kindergarten on August 8. She's excited now to go now that we went to the school. Dropping her off that first day is going to be hard, but I know she's going to do well, and that makes me feel better. Help her to do well there, Abba, and make lots of new friends and let her have a good relationship with her teacher and the staff. Help her to learn all that she needs to and more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home