Monday, July 24, 2006

The Truck Chase

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14003757/

Well, we had a hostage situation here yesterday. We had gone to visit my Mom yesterday and show her the DVD of our China agency and Deidra wanted to watch Aristocats, but we were watching something on weight loss (it was actually something that Oprah had put out). Anyway, I took her into my Mom's room to watch it on her tv and I saw breaking news of someone that had taken a truck driver hostage near us. My Dad's a truck driver so this just really hit me. I ran out into the living room and told my brother, Andy, and my Mom and we immediately went into prayer that it would end safely. An African American guy had taken a female trucker hostage. He had robbed a Lowes and fled with one of the victim's cars. Something happened to that one, so he tried to get a male trucker to drive him to Dallas. Apparently, the guy wouldn't so he took the female driver hostage and made her drive all over Dallas with a gun pointed in her side. When, they tried to intercept and got him on the phone and whatnot all he could do was go on about how African Americans were targeted by the government and none of them had jobs and nobody was doing anything to help them and how African Americans were never going to get anywhere in this country and he wasn't going to end this thing. All I could do was wonder about who he was and I kept wondering about the lady driver and who she was and if she had a family waiting for her back home, if she had little kids, where she was from, how she was coping, and what must have been going through her mind. When, we left to go to the park, they had managed to get him stopped (shot at the engine), but he had taken her to the cab and closed the curtain. Mom and I prayed again for her safety and I'll admit that I thought it was over for her the minute that we saw him take her back into the cab where they both weren't visible. When, we were driving home, they said that she had made it out of the cab with her dog and after a round of tear gas, the guy came out unharmed too. All I kept thinking was thank God she was safe. As for him, it went through my mind that he could say good-bye to ever having a job again after that. Why do people do these things? Thank you, Abba, for letting this end peacefully and that no harm was done to this lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home