Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Thank you for bringing peace...

I went to the doctor yesterday to see the OB-GYN. I was way overdue for my pap (it's been 2 years since the last one). Anyway, it was the first time I've met the doctor down here and Abba he was wonderful. He put me at ease, he was great with Deidra, and he was even from up north (although he was from Canada). Anyway, he talked to me about my history some and he saw that I was on clomid earlier this year. He asked me if I wanted to get back into that (he's also a reproductive endocrinologist) and I was so shocked to hear myself say "I think we've made the decision to stop all that. We're going to adopt." He said that was good, I was too young to give up having more children when I obviously wanted them. He let me know that he was always there for me if I had any problems or if one day I did decide that I wanted to pursue treatments again. We did the exam and he made me laugh during it (first doctor that's really tried to put me at ease during an exam like that). He really was great and as we were leaving it again struck me that I wasn't that upset to admit that we were going to stop doing treatments and we were going to adopt a baby. Abba, you definitley work in mysterious ways and take such good care of me. It was like you were confirming to me once again that we're supposed to go this route. Thank you for taking such good care of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home