Monday, November 27, 2006

First Turkey Dinner...

was a big success. We had so much food, but it was definitely a big and delicious feast. You'd never know that I'd never made a turkey before. No mishaps...it was so good. I even made a glaze for it with maple syrup, apple juice, and cider spices. Mmm! We had candied sweet potatoes, twisted mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, a big salad, green bean casserole, baked beans, and I made 3 pies...pumpkin, peanut butter, and peaches and cream. My brother, Jimmie, ate about 3/4ths of the peanut butter pie himself along with a piece of the pumpkin and the peaches and cream too. He nominated me to make more pies for Christmas. He wants me to make him a banana cream and chocolate pudding one. I told him I'd see what I could do. :-)

Mom and I went for about a 6 mile walk after dinner....man I could feel that one for a few days, but if felt good to get out there and walk. The weather was beautiful too and the tree leaves are finally turning down here so it was just nice to get out in it all and walk. 70 degrees outside and it was awesome.

Thank you, Abba, for a day filled with family and so much to be thankful for. Thank you so much for all the blessings that you have given us...

Things I am thankful for...

1. My faith

2. My hubby

3. Our beautiful daughter, Deidra

4. Our beautiful daughter awaiting us at some point in China

5. Andy's job...they are so good to him there and it's nice to see him being appreciated for all that he does. He really likes his job too and that's been a long time coming.

6. Our house...it's so nice to be in a place of our own again. It may be small, but it's our spot and we are really enjoying it.

7. Our kitties who keep us company and have such different personalities.

8. My job at Home Depot...I may complain about it a lot, but it's also been a life line to me since we moved since I don't know any other people down here yet.

9. Our church...we all really like it there and it's so nice to be able to live so close to it.

10. Being near my Mom and brothers again. We've had a few arguments where we don't necessarily see eye to eye, but for the most part, it's really been wonderful being together again.

11. We're on the right track with finances and knowing where we want to go and we have definite goals to look forward to in the near future.

12. Deidra's teacher is really awesome and she goes to a really great school.

13. Everything that you have blessed us with this year...the good and the bad. We've learned a lot of life lessons over the year and each thing that we encounter helps mold us into who we are and helps us cherish the good all the more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home