Friday, December 08, 2006

My baby and the grown up questions...

and she's had me really thinking lately. She asked a couple of weeks ago "where was I before I existed?" I thought that she was referring to the birds and the bees talk, but then she added that she knew babies grew in their mommies tummies but where was she before then. I finally came up with the answer that she was a thought in God's mind and she seemed to accept that ok.

Then, the other day she asked me if she could have a sleepover with her friends from school here at the house. I told her that I thought that would be ok and asked her who she wanted to invite as I'm going to have to come up with some clever idea to get the invitations out as they won't let us do it in the classroom or send them home with the kids. Anyway, she told me and a couple of days went by and I told her that maybe I'd bring her down to the enchanted cottage http://www.enchantedcottagetearoom.com/ and let her have a tea party with all the girls. Anyway, she said well, Mom can I have Jon come too? I told her that we were only going to stick with the girls as she wanted it to be a sleepover. The next words out of her mouth just about knocked me over...."Why can't I invite Quinton, Mom, he's my boyfriend." I had to explain to her that she wasn't having sleepovers with boys and how it just wasn't appropriate. I think she understands now and I know that really he's just her friend...they don't get this boyfriend/girlfriend stuff yet. But, it really is cute to watch them when I go up to the school and he's the sweetest little boy...but they hug each other and do stuff in pairs together when they have to find partners and they hold hands every now and then on the playground when they're playing. She liked Jon first at the beginning of the year, but that only lasted a couple of weeks before she moved on to Quinton and Quinton it's been ever since. But, I just can't figure out lately how she's been asking such grown up things lately. She's 6...going on 16. And my Mom said last night when she was commenting on how pretty and grown up she looked in her jean outfit and cowgirl books..."you really better be careful, she looks like she does now...watch out when she gets a little older." I told her "don't think that hasn't crossed my mind." Even the guys that I work with up at Home Depot have commented to me on how beautiful she is and what a gift from God she is." I keep telling me "yeah, ask me if I still think her beauty is a gift when she's in her teens and the guys are lining up at the door." lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home