Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Texas Winter Storm



Well, we had an 80 degree day yesterday for most of the day and then a cold front blew in that dropped things down to around 30 degrees. The metroplex was all under tornado watches yesterday as well as a winter storm watch. Today, we woke up to lots of rain and they told us to be on the look out for freezing rain and sleet and to be careful driving as the cold was going to make the rain ice over. When, I saw that the rain had turned to snow...I had to go and take some pics. We had been wondering what a Texas winter storm was going to bring, since we're just used to cold wind chills and lots of snow and ice up north. I just find it comical really. My Mom called me around noon and told me to get Andy to head home. I laughed. She said "Jess, you guys are used to driving in the ice...these people down here aren't. You don't want to be out in that stuff." The schools all have a 2-hour delay tomorrow as they don't know what the night is going to bring when the temps really drop down. Kind of a pain in the butt, since now I'm going to have to go in to work late because of it. Oh well, not much else I can do. Anyway, I thought I'd share some pics of a Texas Winter Storm. You can see how much snow that we got. Deidra says "it's as cold as icecicles out there, Mama." And she was the one saying when we first got down here in April "Mom, it's so hot down here that it needs to snow." Guess it is true that you really do adapt to the weather changes. I need to get her a new winter coat now so she can stay warm. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home