Thursday, January 25, 2007

100th Day of School

Abba, I'm so proud of my daughter. They celebrated the 100th day of school yesterday. She came home from school saying that she had a surprise for me and made me shut my eyes while she got it out of her backpack. She's had perfect attendance for all the days of school so far, so she got a certificate to bring home, she got a treasure from the office, and she got a free kid's meal at Chik-Fil-A and she got her picture taken for the yearbook with both of the principal's. She thought that was the coolest thing. I was so very proud of her and she's doing great in school too. She's doing a lot of the tasks that they don't have to know until the end of the school year already and it makes me smile so big to hear her read books to me.

We went to the library yesterday to get some more books to read for her read-a-thon (she made it to 50 and gets to go to the office for a prize today and once she gets to 100 books she gets a free ticket to Six Flags) and she's too funny. She loves to get books about the body and look at them and have me read them to her. We just finished an X-Ray one where she learned about all the bones and systems of the body. Well, yesterday she picked a book out on the lungs and we read that last night. She says "I love these books, Mom, I just want to be smart." Nothing wrong with that at all...she soaks the info right up too. I just pray that she keeps up this love for education throughout the rest of her schooling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home