Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day

Hi Abba. Thanks for keeping Andy safe on the way in to work this morning. What normally takes him 45 minutes to an hour to drive wound up taking him almost 3 hours. I'm just glad that he made it in safely. Please help Deidra and I to feel better too.

I think every school in the 7 counties that the Texas News station we listen to covers are closed today. Of course, I watched the schools scroll across the bottom for a half an hour and they never updated Waxahachie to the list so I thought they were going to be open. I called Andy to ask him to continue to listen to the reports and if he heard anything to let me know as I needed to get Deidra up. He told me to check an online site first and there it was "Waxahachie ISD Closed Wednesday." The list of closings are so crazy long. Andy called me a half an hour early to give me some extra time and he was stuck in traffic moving at a snails pace. It took him an hour just to make it to the Dallas Zoo. Traffic is moving at about 5 mph. They definitely do not know how to drive in this stuff down here. Deidra and I have been sick so we'll just do some relaxing today. It's a good thing I have the day off of work today or I would have been calling in again. Who ever would have thought we'd have snow days in Texas? I'm ready for the Texas freeze to be over though. If D and I weren't already sick, it would be a good day to have some snow fun and build a snowman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home