Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I think we'll be moving a little sooner than we thought...

as much as we don't want to have to move all of our stuff again. I was sitting on the couch with Deidra when I saw this long stream of trucks come up by our house and at first I didn't think much of it. Then, I saw a bunch of people dressed in black walk by and I saw the neighbors across the street come out of their house. I got up and opened up the blinds more to see that the people were all people from DEA and they surrounded the house that is kitty corner from us. They had their weapons drawn and everything. I panicked a little bit and called Andy to tell him what was going on. His response "how come all the fun stuff happens when I am gone? We need to watch Dallas SWAT." The sherriff walked around and told all of us neighbors who were watching to stay in our houses and close the doors. I watched the DEA make entrance into the home...a few minutes later they left and patroled our street on foot. The neighbor across the street tried to leave to go to work and they wouldn't let her leave. Then, they went and got in their vehicles really quick and went on the other street that intersects with ours and patroled with their weapons drawn still. Since we live on the corner, I continued to watch what they were doing...a few minutes later they got in their vehicles again and drove to the end of our street and I can no longer see what is going on. I told Andy that I know that any of this stuff can happen on any street that you live on, but I no longer feel very safe in this neighborhood. He agreed with me...so I think we'll be looking to move sooner than we thought.

Abba, please help and guide us to make the best decision for our family and help us find a nice and safe place to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home