Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day Questions

How many boyfriends have you had before meeting Mr. Right? one

How did you fall in love with your DH? it all started with becoming friends in high school...we both had a vision of being married to one another...but we didn't share that with each other until way later.

How did he propose? on the 4th of July walking home from the fire works along the lake in the rain.

How long have you been married? almost 8 1/2 years

Where did you go for your honeymoon? we went on our honeymoon a year after the wedding since we paid for our own wedding...but we went to Disney World.

Have you ever had a crush on someone besides your husband during your marriage? yup

Does hubby know? What about your crush? yes, hubby knew, but he also knew that I respected our marriage so he just thought it was funny. No, my crush didn't know.

What's the sweetest thing that hubby has ever done for you? he's always doing sweet things for me...but I think one of the sweetest things that he's done is when we were dating I had come to visit him from MI (he was living in Chicago at the time) and when it was time for me to leave, I took the train back home. He had walked me to the train station and waited with me for the train to board. When they called to board my train, he left to go home. Well, that's where I thought he was going anyway. When I got back home, I called him to let him know that I got home safely and he told me that when my train boarded he quickly ran up the street to the Sears Tower and paid to go up to the tower to watch my train and wave good-bye to me. I just thought that was so sweet.

One year, he sent me a dozen red roses for my birthday, a dozen red roses for our anniversary, and dozen red roses to grow on. I was living with a friend of mine at the time and her mom was just blown away when the 3 dozen roses came...they were beautiful.

What did you do to celebrate Valentine's Day this year? Deidra had her Valentine's day pageant at school the day before and then we gave her her gifts afterwards...a dog that says "Kiss" and a really soft pink gorilla that says "Love You" and a box of Mrs. Fields chocolates. Then, on Valentine's day my Mom took Deidra after work so we could go out to dinner. Andy told me he had gotten caught in traffic, so I was just waiting for him to get home after they left. He came home with a dozen white roses for me and they were so beautiful. He said he picked white because they stand for purity and our love for one another was pure. I thought that was sweet. We went to dinner at Fire Mountain. Had a great dinner, great conversation with one another (Andy made a quite interesting observation but that's something for another day), and then we went to go get Deidra. Mom's gift to Andy and Deidra is to send them to the Daddy/Daughter dance at church on Friday night and while they're there she's taking Jimmie and I out to dinner at either Outback or Red Robin...we haven't decided yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home