Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My little brother is moving away...

Lord, I pray for my brother, Zach, and I pray for his protection and that he'll come to know You. I pray that being away from his family will bring him closer to us and that he'll appreciate us more and the things that have been done for him. My Mom is going to Austin for a business meeting and was going to bring our younger brother, Jimmie, with her as her guest. Jimmie wants to play football for U of T when he graduates in a couple of years and he always likes to visit down there. Anyway, Zach wants to move to Austin and use the money he got for his car from the car accident to do so. He wants to be on the show Austin City Limits or whatever the name is called and become a musician (he has had a couple of bands and he plays the guitar). Anyway, he has asked Mom to bring him down there to find an apartment and whatnot. I don't know if they'll let him rent by himself as he has no job or anything, but I think the experience will be good for him. It's time that he understands responsibility and that you just don't throw a fit about something and have it handed to you. It's time that he understands work and responsibility. If he's not going to finish high school or work on getting his GED then I think it's time anyway that he figures out what life is all about. It's not about sleeping all day and hanging out with your friends at night doing who knows what. I just worry about him and I don't want him to get into any trouble and it's time that he finds some new friends to hang out with...people that are actually good for him to be around. I'm dog sitting or brother sitting this week while they're gone. Mom wanted Jimmie to go too, but Jimmie and Zach do not get along and so Jimmie is refusing to go and let Zach ruin things. I told Mom that my big fear is that Zach's not going to be able to rent by himself and he's going to need a co-signor. Mom already told him that she won't co-sign for him as he never pays her back and so he's going to get mad at her and he's going to ruin her trip. That's just the history of Zach. But, I hope that I am wrong and that he'll find happiness out there and he'll grow up and appreciate the things in life that he does have or that we've been trying to teach him. Anyway, I pray that you'll help him find a place to live this week and I pray for safety and protection around him while he's gone and good friends that will be good for him and look out for his well-being. And I pray most of all, Abba, that he will come to know You most of all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

How is Zach doing, Jess?

I've been praying for him!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home