Tuesday, May 15, 2007

So, Deidra thinks I'm a sap...

We got her graduation pictures a couple of weeks ago...I cried just looking at them. Her response: "Mommy, why are you crying? They're just pictures. You're a baby."

I get the letters talking about how graduation day (tomorrow morning) is going to play out. I start tearing up. Her response: "Mommy, why are you being a baby?"

I listen to her reading her books outloud and sometimes the tears just fall down my cheeks. Her response: "Mommy, what is the matter with you?" I just have to hug her and tell her that sometimes words just cannot express how very proud of her that I am.

She comes home with her yearbook today and we went looking through it together...she's in there quite a few times for her accomplishments throughout the year. The tears started running down my cheeks and we get to the last page and there's a picture of her with 2 boys from her class in the hallway with the caption "Look out world, this is the class of 2019." That one I had to chuckle at through my tears. Her response: "Mommy, are you crying AGAIN?"

I put her on my lap and told her that being a Mommy is one of my proudest accomplishments and that I am just so very proud of her and so blessed that she is in my life. I told her that we were so excited to find out that we were having her, but yet I never knew the emotions that would hit me later when I saw her little face for the first time and that sometimes when people tell me about all the good things she does or the heart that she has that I do fight tears sometimes because sometimes words just don't express the love that I have for her. She says to me "Mama, you're just a big baby." To that, I responded with a hug and a "maybe, I am...but don't you ever doubt how much I love you even if I do cry sometimes." Her response..."Mama, I love you too."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

Go on and cry. I do too. If others had to work so hard at being a mom, they would cry too at these special and emotional times. Our children are a blessing!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home