Friday, August 10, 2007

My Daddy...

So, my Dad called last week to tell me that he was getting laid off. The guy that runs their company was retiring and he just wanted out of everything. His son is talking about taking over the company, but it was going to take about a month for him to get everything switched over into his name and so the workers were going to be out of work for a minimum of a month. He runs another trucking business or something similar though, so he was going to see about taking a couple of the trucks for their good driver and transferring them to that company when he could get runs for them occasionally in the meantime.

He called me and asked me if I wanted to see him and at first I couldn't figure out what was going on. My Mom and him are talking about getting back together so I couldn't figure out if he was talking about moving back here or if he was just passing through or what exactly was going on. He's taking a run for his buddy out here and said that he could come spend a day or two with us before his load was due into the docks. I switched a couple things around at work so I could spend a little more time with him. I'm excited about getting to show him our house in progress and getting to spend some time with him. I'm hoping that we'll be able to go out to dinner as a family again as well and that I'll actually be able to go this time. Last time they all had fun and trips down memory lane without me as I had to go back to work. He's going to spend the night with us too, so that will be nice.

Bless my Daddy, Abba, and be with him on his travels and throughout his time of unemployment and keep him safe from any harms. We're really hoping that he'll move back here to TX so that we can be a family again too. I pray for Your love and guidance there as we can already see some answered prayers there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home