Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Food, Food, and More Food

I saw this on Lisanne's blog (www.bathtubjunkie.net) and thought that I would join in:

1. How do you like your eggs? I like them scrambled with lots of cheese and sometimes I'll add a little salsa. Once in a great while I eat them sunny side up with a runny yolk that I can dip my toast into.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee is a new thing for me...I used to only drink it in the form of Starbuck's frapuccinos, but now I will drink it with lots of milk and a little sugar or splenda. I love the BK Iced Java Joe as well. Tea I love to drink hot or cold, with or without sugar, it just depends on my mood.

3. Favorite breakfast food: We make egg and sausage burritos a lot. I'm not a super big breakfast person. But, that's probably what I eat the most of for breakfast unless I just drink down a fruit smoothie or a protein shake.

4. Peanut butter - smooth or crunchy? I like them both, but I think crunchy is my favorite!

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? The one that I turn to most often is Ranch dressing, however I really like Catalina too.

6. Coke or Pepsi? I drink both...however Coke out of the fountain at McDonald's is my favorite.

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Chicken nuggets and french fries.

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? This depends...if it's just for me either Pepperoni and Mushroom or Bacon and Pineapple. If it's for me and the rest of the family it's Pepperoni and Olive.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? I like to make roasts with all the fixins, pasta dishes, meat and veggies...it just depends on what we have on hand to cook with and I go from there.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Yes, sometimes I make dishes that my Grandma used to make and they make me think of her.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? I would have said no before yesterday (read blog about Labor Day), but now I don't think I'll ever be able to sit inside a Cracker Barrel and not think of what happened yesterday and sadly...that used to be one of my favorite restaurants.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Yes and Yes...see the questions above.

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? I will eat fish, but I won't eat shrimp, lobster, crab, oysters or anything else that is seafood...and absolutely refuse to try sushi. I also refuse to eat any gizzards at thanksgiving time. Nothing weird like pigs feet or anything either.

14. What was your favorite food as a child? Macaroni and cheese, spinach, pizza, spaghetti, and I used to love musk melon and tomatoes.

15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? peas, broccoli, and cauliflower

16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? cooked spinach, although I will eat it in salads.

17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Strawberries; baked potato

18. Favorite junk food: anything sweet...I love cake with buttercream frosting, ice cream, pie, anything that is sweet and chocolately.

19. Favorite between meal snack: I'm trying not to snack too much between meals anymore...it used to be chips or little debbie snack cakes...but now if I have the urge to snack I've been grabbing dill pickles, a couple bites of lettuce with dressing, or a handful of peanuts.

20. Do you have any weird food habits? Not anymore, although when I was little the only way I used to eat green beans was to set each one on the table, smash it, and then put it in my mouth.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? I love a good salad.

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? Give me some good pizza, some chocolate, and some movie theater popcorn.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? I don't eat it.

24. Can I get you a drink? I love a good strawberry daquiri or a mudslide. I also love some rum and coke or a glass of wine.

25. Red wine or white? I don't mind either although my favorite wine is Lambrusco. It's a dessert red wine, but is oh so good.

26. Favorite dessert? Give me anything chocolately and totally sweet and it's a go for me.

27. The perfect nightcap? I am known to drink a bottle of water before bed.

28. Are you the cook in your family? We share the responsibilities for the most part. It just depends on what is going on that day. If I have time, I do it before Andy gets home from work. If there's other things going on that day with the kids that I have to take them to then if Andy gets home before dinner is started he'll do it. Some nights, I have to feed the kids something quick and run them here or there and then Andy and I don't get the chance to eat dinner ourselves until we put the kids to bed....those nights we do it together or Andy will pop something in for us really quick and let me have some quiet time to unwind while it's cooking.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home