Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Family Happenings...

1. My Dad called the other night to let us know that he has broke the news to his wife that he's moving back to Texas. She immediately said that she had a feeling that something was going on, but she didn't know what and wanted to know if we was going back to my Mom. He told her that he's going to move in with my brother, Zach, in Austin for 6 months to see if he can't get him back on his feet and moving in the right direction. But, he wants to start out slow with my Mom and start dating again and see what happens, but he didn't tell her that. My Mom personally said that she thinks it may be too late as she's been on her own for too long now, but she's willing to take things slowly and see what happens.

2. My Mom is really thinking about becoming an Oblate (a Nun in the 3rd Order that can live among the public, have a family, and can be married.

3. During Deidra's birthday party, I was talking to my MIL. She happened to tell me that Geoff and Mimi aren't talking to them because Mimi said that Hal has never liked her and that he orders MIL around. Geoff told his mom that if she wants to see him that they'd have to keep it their little secret and they'd have to meet up at the mall or something. I find it funny that you can clearly tell that Hal cares for their mom and I've never seen or heard him order her around any time that we've been around them. I guess they were supposed to go over to their condo a couple of months ago and they didn't show up, so MIL called them. Their excuse...well, it takes Mimi at least an hour and a half to get ready to go somewhere and she doesn't have a whole lot of time to herself on the weekends, so we're not going to come now. MIL said that she's lost all respect for Mimi and she's losing respect for Geoff that he'd just go right along with her and do what she wished as he's gotta make the Mrs. happy. She said that she thought about all of our previous problems with them and how she never wanted to truly believe that Mimi was like that, but now she understands. Hal doesn't think their marriage will make it much longer especially if another female finds Geoff attractive and he realizes that there's actually descent human beings out there that he could have a relationship with. I happened to say something along the lines of wondering if we'd ever be back in MI again for the same Christmas and apparently they were supposed to go up there this year but changed their minds. Mimi doesn't like MI and they've agreed that they won't go up there again. Nevermind that all the Hoffman family is still up there... I don't know...Andy feels really bad that Geoff is acting like this, but I told the IL's that it doesn't surprise me...I had them pegged from the very beginning and got resistance from the whole family when I even suggested what I thought. And as far as saying that their marriage isn't going to last much longer...I don't know if you can even say that as they've been playing these games ever since we were in Chicago together. So, who knows... I told Andy that his family may upset me from time to time, but I understand that that is his family and I would never do or say anything to keep him from seeing his family.

4. Andy recently had his review at work and was told that he does his job better than anyone ever has in the history of their company. I'm very proud of him!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home