Thursday, November 08, 2007

My first body clutter mission...

My mom has been telling me for awhile now that she thought that I had some self-esteem issues and that I needed to realize that I am worth it and that I needed to love myself. Well, I put the house on a schedule and hopped back into doing flylady and I discovered flylady's weight loss book "Body Clutter" as well. I figured why not? They teach you how you found the weight in the first place and how to start over again in baby steps. I read the first chapter last night and I'm going to do my first body clutter mission.

Look back at your first memory of comfort food. Is it a certain food or any kind of food? I'd say that anything chocolate comforts me...I love rich and sweet stuff...candy, ice cream, frosting, anything chocolate. that's what I reach for the most when I'm hurting.

What is your favorite food when you need comforting? Again I will always reach for the chocolate.

Now, can you look back on your past to figure out why you love it so much? I just love the taste of it and I could eat chocolate all day long. I've always been a big dessert fan and the rich chocolatey stuff has always been a big hit with me.

Write down your first memory of using food to comfort yourself and what was happening to you and how you felt at the time. I don't know that I have a first memory. I think how it really started was when I was in junior high and we would have ice cream and chocolate in the house, we were only allowed to have it at certain times and we had to ask in order to get some and we were only allowed to have a certain amount. Well, when I had my own money to buy stuff or Mom would send me to the store to get something, I would gorge myself on chocolate on the walk to and from the store and I would pig out on ice cream if I was home alone. I didn't like feeling like I had to ask for food if I was hungry or that my parents could have some and I couldn't or that I only got to have a little bit. It used to make me mad and I made up for it by pigging out when I had the opportunity to do so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home