Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm spreading my wings and learning to fly...

I mentioned recently that I put my house on a schedule. Cleaning this room and that room and doing this person's laundry...everything is on a schedule. I introduced the house fairy (www.housefairy.org) to the girls and they've even been running with it. It's nice not to have to get after them to clean their room or to clean up after themselves. I was really worried about Little J when I saw her totally destroy her room with clutter everywhere within an hour of getting here. So, they've taken to the House Fairy and I'm glad of it. I've been trying to establish routines as well by visiting flylady.net and I'm slowly learning to fly.

She works with several other people and they all teach you things about loving yourself enough to actually care about doing it and making yourself happier. I discovered her Body Clutter book. It teaches you why you've gained weight and what to do about it and a journey about finding yourself and loving yourself. And I think I'm going to check it out and see about adding that to my routines and so forth too.

There's another person that they work with that gives you a dinner menu each night and provides you with the recipes and the grocery lists to do that. THat will help me as well if someone else is giving those ideas for me...there's several different menu options to choose from...(www.savingdinner.com) and I think we're going to give it a go! Add more variety to our meals too as I've really been stuck in a rut of making the same things lately.

Well, I'm going to end this and get back to doing my chores for the day after I smuggle with Deidra. Yes, she's still home sick with a 102 fever...hopefully we'll be able to get her feeling better and back to school by tomorrow so she doesn't get too far behind.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I have some really easy dishes if you are interested in recipes. I've got one posted from yesterday's Menu Monday that was really simple and the kids enjoyed it. I've found that I love making casseroles because they are normally quick & are hearty meals.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home