Saturday, November 03, 2007

She's here!

Little J is here! They dropped her off at 4 yesterday afternoon. She ran in the door saying "I get to live here now!" Her and Deidra ran off to play while I did paperwork with our caseworker and J's CPS worker. They made a mess out of their room in about an hour and so I had to spend some time cleaning it up with Little J. She cuddled on my lap for a little bit after dinner and then she sat by Deidra to watch cartoons before bed. She fell asleep on the couch after she got her medicine and so I took Deidra up to bed and Andy carried Little J up to put her in bed. It's nice to have another little girl in the house! Andy and I are both wore out though...I guess it's just going to take some getting used to with 4 kids to take care of. It breaks my heart though that she's only 5 years old and has to take antidepressants already. And we definitely have our work cut out for us if she's going to pass kindergarten this year. She had to sign her name on some placement papers and she has no concept of how to do that. And from what I understand from the CASA worker, she doesn't know her alphabet, colors, shapes, or any of that stuff. I hope I can catch her up with only 3 grading periods left, but I just don't know how she's going to be able to read at the level they need to read at by the end of the year if she doesn't even know her alphabet or any of the phonics. I guess I'll know more after talking to her teacher on Monday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home