Thursday, November 01, 2007

Having a bad day...

I have so much to do to get ready for Little J's arrival tomorrow night. I took some time for me this morning while the boys were playing and watching some educational shows to catch up on my e-mail. Went and cleaned the kitchen for a bit and switched some laundry around. Been battling Baby D all day long...he wants to sit and chain eat candy. He's been pushing the chair up when I'm in the bathroom or upstairs to get into his pumpkin to get more candy even though he knows better. So, lots of time outs today. Then, I put them both down for a nap as Baby J had a dentist appt this afternoon and I wanted them to nap for an hour. They wouldn't take a nap and since they were being quiet for the most part, I left them in there a little longer to see if they'd eventually lay down while I tried to get Deidra's room in order so that we can get J's bed in there and I had an idea of how I wanted to arrange things. We were going to do bunk beds in there, but the only bunk beds that we found yesterday that we liked, take 2 weeks to order at a minimum. We found a bedroom set at Wal-mart that looks a lot like Deidra's bed and has matching furniture and was really pretty...so we're going with that one. Andy's going tonight after work to get it and then going to Sam's Club to get her matresses. Anyway, the phone rings and I came downstairs to answer it. I had an appt to set up and then my Dad called. The boys had finally fallen asleep and so I sat there talking to my Dad for a little bit before I had to wake them up to go to Baby J's appt. I go upstairs and am greeted by the scent of poop. I open the door thinking that they just have messy diapers. They both have strong smelling poop. Anyway, I look at them...they both had taken their diapers off and poop was smeared all over their cribs and matresses and their blankets and diapers were thrown on the floor. I about wanted to cry. I ran some bath water and threw them in there to wash them up. Threw clothes on them, picked up the messy diapers and we had to run out the door for his dentist appt. We got there and his appt was speedy...thank God! Came home and threw Baby J in his playpen and sat Baby D on the couch so I could go clean the matresses and the crib rails with hot soapy water. It's been a couple of months since Baby J had done anything like that and I thought that phase was over (other than the mess I had to clean up last week because he had diarrhea). Baby D has never done that...I'm thinking he saw J do it and decided he was just going to try it out too. I got the mess cleaned up and have been doing laundry and I opened up the windows to air out the house. Baby D is starving and keeps whining at me that he's hungry, yet he's refusing to eat anything I put in front of him because it's not candy. He's throwing everything today too which is only getting him put in time out, but he apparently doesn't care too badly as he's only continuing to do it. UGH! Well, I guess I better get back to doing my chores and getting Deidra's room ready for the 2 of them to share. I just needed to vent. UGH

I forgot to add too that Deidra's been having problems with this boy at school picking on her. We talked about it a few days last week and I really hated to get involved as I think it's important that she try and learn to solve her own battles, but when I heard that he pushed her yesterday and things were starting to get physical I figured it was time to talk to the teacher (she has a substitue for the next 3 weeks as her regular teacher is recovering from back surgery). I had no idea whether she was just being too sensitive about things (she gets that from me) or if something really was wrong and so I figured talking to the teacher was the best bet. We had a good talk and she said that she talked with both the kids and she thinks the problem is solved now. She had never seen Deidra crying, so she had no idea that was going on... Anyway, she talked to them and she's going to move Deidra to a different table to see if that will help to solve things too. She said that she didn't think Deidra was the problem and I told her that I hated having to come to her about it, but I couldn't let Deidra keep coming home all upset about what was happening at school either. She understood, so I'm thankful for that.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home