Monday, November 05, 2007

Talked with Little J's teacher...

I dropped her off for her first day of school with a note telling the school that her address had changed and giving them my email address and phone number so that we could discuss how she's doing in school. I came home and called the office to let them know as well in case Little J didn't give them the note. I thought they had understood, but they thought the foster family that she was with before had just moved.... So, they called me back a while later saying that they needed me to fill out new forms and they'd send some stuff home with her and that I just needed to provide proof of residency along with a copy of her placement papers. My caseworker was nice enough to provide them with placement papers so I just need to worry about getting them proof of residency. That was nice that my caseworker did that though as Deidra's home sick today. So, the teacher called to touch base briefly. They're going to send a copy of her report card home along with her daily folder so we can see what she needs work on. She doesn't know how to write her name, only recognizes a few letters, and she thinks everything makes the sound of M. Doesn't know how to count or any number recognition. So, I think I'm going to make up some flash cards for her alphabet and numbers and start working on them. She doesn't know all of her colors or shapes either, so that's also something to work on with her. Her teacher was glad to hear though that I stay home and that she was going to have Deidra here to look up to and teach her things and that I didn't mind working with her here at home. We have our work cut out for us. Her teacher said that she thinks she's a really sweet little girl, she behaves well for the most part, and that she just needs to be taught so many things. She doesn't know boundaries at all. I told her that we had certainly saw some of these things and that I'm always open to working with her.

I'm interested to see her report card...I really hope we can get her caught up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home