Sunday, November 04, 2007

I swear men have PMS too...

I seem to remember around this same time last year, Andy got really moody. Well, it's been going on around here over the last week or so again. Nothing makes him happy, he points out everything I do wrong, I feel neglected and unappreciated and I'm working my tail off around here. I asked to run an errand the other night...I just needed a little time out...and I was told that I could go but that I had to hurry up. I had to go in for a work meeting this morning and I was going to come home and grab the girls to bring them to church. He threw a hissy fit as we needed to go to the grocery store. So, I skipped church to come home. The time change was having an impact on the boys...they were overly tired and I wasn't that far behind them. Anyway, yeah, he wanted me to come home to watch the kids so that he could go to the grocery store by himself. I told him that I was a bit upset as he could have brought the boys by himself while I took the girls...I thought he wanted me to come home so that we could all go to the store together like we all have been doing. Then, he got mad at me and told me to get the kids ready to go then and we'd go to the store then. We ran to the store and the kids all did really well. We get home and I was throwing lunch together so that the kids could eat and I could eat lunch before I had to run in to work. He asked me if he could go work in the yard while I was getting lunch together. Yeah...why not?? The only break I get from the kids is when I go into work...yet he gets to go to work everyday, but yeah I can watch them all weekend long and have to work on top of it all too. Yet, he didn't see why I was getting upset. I told myself to quit being selfish and to take care of my family and that's what I did...but boy it took a lot on my part.

I got the kids and hubby fed lunch and I went in to work and everyone kept telling me how tired that I looked. I really just wanted to lay down. I was talking to some of the ladies tonight and they were all saying that their hubbies were in bad moods and ornary...wonder if it's related to the weather or the moon phases. I got home from work just wanting some time alone with Andy as the kids all should have been in bed...nope the girls are up watching Finding Nemo and Deidra's not feeling well (bad headache). Yet, he tells me "well, you better get used to not spending time together." Umm...doesn't he see that we need to spend some time together...we need to make time for us.

Abba, please help us meet one another's needs right now and put our selfishness aside. It's not like we're arguing or fighting really, but there's a lot of hurt feelings. I hate feeling taken for granted or like I just don't matter or that I'm just good to take care of the kids while he does his own thing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home