Monday, November 05, 2007

Spent the evening in the ER...

Deidra was home from school today sick and just continued to get worse and worse. She went to bed last night with a bad headache and she was feeling slightly warm. Put her to bed and she was up at 1 am saying her stomach was really hurting. Got the barf bucket for her just in case and she wanted to sleep with us. We went back to bed and around 2 I could hardly lay next to her, she was so warm. Had Andy find the thermometer and in the meantime Little J was coughing her head off and I was afraid that she was going to make herself throw up and so I got her some medicine. Deidra had a 102 degree fever. Went back to bed and woke up several times checking on the girls. Had to take Little J to school today and Deidra just didn't want to move around. Came home and she slept most of the morning and afternoon. She woke up shortly before we had to go get Little J saying that her head hurt and her back was really hurting and she felt sick to her stomach. Went and got Little J and had to bring her and Baby D to their visit. We drove around for awhile and Deidra wanted some apple juice so I went and got her some and then she really started crying that her head hurt and she felt like nails were going into her spine. She didn't want to sit up anymore she just wanted to lay down. She continued to get paler and paler and I was trying to get ahold of the doctor. The doctor finally called when I was trying to get the kids in from out of the car and just as I went to answer they hung up. I called back to get their "after hours" message and so I called and left a message for the on-call doctor. Deidra was really crying at this point that she hurt all over, she didn't want the lights on because it was hurting her eyes, she didn't want anyone making any noise because her head hurt and she said her back really hurt. At this point, I started wondering if she didn't have meningitis. I asked her if she could put her chin to her chest and when she tried, she really started to cry. I went to take her temp again and she had a temp of 105.7 and so I took her to the ER. My Mom was nice enough to come sit with us as Andy stayed with the others here at home. They checked her urine and they did some bloodwork and they're pretty sure it's just a virus. The doctor doesn't see her getting back to school until Wednesday and we're supposed to alternate tylenol and motrin every 3 hours. She's still pretty tired and looking pretty pale. I feel bad for her. I took her to get a icee on the way home for being so brave during her bloodwork, she took one sip and fell asleep. I know sleep is the best thing for her right now though. I just feel awful for her. Praying that none of the other kids get it either.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

Poor D, I hope she is feeling better very soon!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh man....I would have been so scared. Poor D! I hope she is feeling better real soon. I always feel so helpless when the kids are sick and it's an awful feeling.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home