Thursday, November 08, 2007

Took some time out for me...

Andy ran some errands after work and I had dinner waiting when he got home (pork chops, angel hair pasta with herbs and butter, and baked beans). I had to do a clothing inventory on Baby J, Baby D, and Little J to turn into the agency and then I told him that I was going to go out by myself for awhile (he already knew I was planning to). I figured that if nobody was going to give me a break or look out for my needs, that I had to do it for myself. I didn't tell him this though. However, I went up to the book store, bought a heath mocha and walked around. Found some really good books that I'd like to read and then I remembered my Flylady journey and wanted to see if they had her weight loss book. They did! So, I bought it and am going to start implementing baby steps. I came home and Andy already had the kids in bed and he had them help clean up their messes that they had made before they went to bed. That alone made me feel so much better. Baby D had found one of his sister's markers and drew all over one cabinet and the floor while I was trying to make dinner. Thankfully, they're washable although I didn't know that at the time. I thought I had gotten to all of her markers and threw them out though. She doesn't take care of them right and she just leaves them open all the time all over and I just didn't want that stuff in my carpet or anywhere else. So, I told her she was back to crayons and once she proves that she can take care of her crayons, we can work on markers again. Guess, what she left scattered all over the floor yesterday...yup her crayons. She wanted to go see if the House Fairy came again and I asked her if she thought that things were clean enough for the House Fairy to be happy about what their room and other messes they had going on looked like. I told her she can watch at anytime and that she doesn't always leave prizes everyday, but that they had to keep things cleaned or she would not visit. The other day she visited because they both were running around trying to clean everything and do you know they have to fight over who gets to do what. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. However, Andy and I had some time to connect and I didn't even have to ask him to sit down with me to do so. I feel a lot better and a lot less stressed today. I guess I'm going to have to do that for myself more often.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home