Saturday, February 23, 2008

God bless my girls...

Deidra tried to spend the night at her friend's house a couple weekends ago. She doesn't like being away from Mommy and Daddy and so at bedtime she cried because she missed us and asked to come home. They live a few houses down on the same street we do. Anyway, I was just laying on the couch thinking about her and wanting to call her and say good-night, but I didn't want to interrupt anything that may have been going on with not knowing their bedtime routines and all. It wasn't 5 minutes later that they knocked on the door. Part of me was glad that she was back home and I didn't have to worry about her and another part of me was sad because I knew how badly she wanted to spend the night. She's tried to spend the night with my Mom several times as well and she literally makes herself sick sometimes and we'd have to go get her in the middle of the night...she just misses us too much.

Anyway, she's trying again at the neighbors tonight. They just came and got her bedtime stuff and she got her blanket and her stuffed animal to sleep with and gave us hugs and kisses and I told her to call if she needs us even if she just needs to say good-night and to call when she wakes up. She's trying so hard to be a big girl. Give her blessings Abba to get through this night away from home and let her have fun with her friends tonight. It's hard to let her go sometimes, but I can remember nights spent with friends too and I want her to know how much fun it can be without worrying too.

And a prayer for Little J too. I think some of it is jealousy that Deidra hasn't been home much today, but she started crying for her sister tonight and she heard me say that I was worried about Deidra and how she was going to do tonight sleeping away from home and in her prayers she prayed for both her real sister and for Deidra and she's crying because she's missing her sister and being with her and she's crying because she misses playing with Deidra today and wanting Deidra to come home ok. I had to hug her and explain that nothing bad was going to happen to Deidra...she just gets scared being away from home. But, I lift Little J up in my prayers, Abba...give her some peace and comfort over her sister and also with knowing that Deidra will be home soon and that she'll be ok.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Awwww, I used to get homesick for my parents. Had to leave several sleepovers that I can remember. :( I got over it, but even to this day, I get homesick when I'm somewhere else. Not for my parents -- just for 'home' in general. My own bed, the "safeness" the house provides, etc.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home