Monday, April 21, 2008

Going to be a busy next couple of weeks...

A foster parent friend of mine asked me to babysit her 2 (her bio daughter is 18 months and her fosterson is 15 months). It's jsut for a couple of hours every Tuesday and Thursday until May 12. Her current sitter (also another foster parent) is getting 5 new placements tonight and so she couldn't babysit for the both of them or it would put her over ratio. So, she asked me today if I could sit for her. I told her that I can only have 1 that age. She talked to the current sitter and determine that she could just keep 1 also. So, over the next couple of weeks I'll have a little 15 month old that I'm going to watch for 3 hours a day on Tuesday and Thursday. She asked me what I wanted pay wise. I told her that since we don't get much for them anyway, she could just give me $5 a day and that would at least cover food/snacks and that would be fine. I'm glad to help her out. I was going to start tomorrow, but her kids are sick with nasty diarrhea bugs. So, I'm going to start Thursday. She said though that if I get an offer for another placement, she didn't want me to turn it down on account of her...she'd just have to figure something else out.

It's funny, but I find that the friend's that I'm making down here are other foster parents. It's good though. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home