Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hubby's Beer Was a Hit...

Hubby's beer was a hit with his co-workers. He's got a few more weeks and his summer ale that he made will be ready and then he can unveil that one.

He didn't think he was going to be late (they were ordering in dinner and having Andy's beer). So, when it got to be 10:30 and he still wasn't home and I hadn't heard from him, I called him. I couldn't get a hold of him and when I finally did shortly after 11 pm they were at a bar. Andy told me that they were leaving shortly. He was trying to con them into helping him with some computer moves that he had so he didn't have to come in to work so early in the morning. He told me he'd see me shortly. Midnight came and he still wasn't home, and by 12:30 I was worried and so I called him again. They were just leaving the bar and were going to the office to move the computers. Finally, I said I was going to bed. I went to bed shortly after 1 am and Little J proceeded to get me up at least 10 times saying that she was scared. Andy came in at 3 am saying that he was taking a nap and then he had to be back at work at 5:30. They got the moves completed but something was wrong with their networking system and he had to have it up and running before people came in at 8am.

I woke up at 6:45 and I was so grumpy. None of the kids were listening and they were moving at a snail's pace. I got them to school and came home. I had to get through a CPS visit, a caseworker visit (that one wound up being rescheduled for sometime tomorrow), and 2 therapy sessions. I am dragging. Andy called at noon saying that he was coming home. He was so tired that he couldn't work anymore. I told him that he wasn't coming home to sleep, I'm sorry, but he knew he had to work today and he also knew that I was at home waiting for him and I stayed up late knowing that he had been drinking and just wanted to make sure he got home safe.

Well, now it's me that is horribly tired and exhausted and he's asleep on the couch. So much for what I say, huh? He thanked me over and over for letting him go out last night. I just wish he could see that he's not the only one who is exhausted and pardon me for not exactly feeling sorry for him. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that he had a good time, but it would be nice if he could see the other side of things too. Whatever, I'm not going to start anything about it. I know he was safe driving home as he didn't drink nearly as much as the other guys, but it bothers me that he never called me to say he was running late or to even let me know that he was ok.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm sorry, Jess. I think this is one of my biggest gripes. At least have the decency to call me and let me know you're still there, or that you're running late or whatever. I hate the unknown, so sitting around and wondering drives me batty.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home