Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sometimes I think the school can be a bit excessive...

Thursday, Deidra got a warning for not listening to directions during math. I completely understood that.

Friday, her daily folder and her Friday folder got sent home. We have to sign both of them. I forgot to initial her daily folder so yesterday she came home with another warning because her folder wasn't signed from Friday. I wrote the teacher and told her that I had looked at it and saw that she had good behavior, I just forgot to initial it. I didn't see why she would get a warning for something I forgot to do. She said they're trying to get the kids to be held accountable and responsible for making sure their folders got checked. I told her I felt that was a parent's responsibility, not the child's. I understand I have to respect their decision, I just think that's a bit excessive. It was a simple oversight on my part and now I feel horrible that Deidra is being held accountable for it. If they have a week with no behavior marks, they get Fun Friday. Now, because of me, she doesn't get to participate this week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home