Sunday, August 31, 2008

Prayers for my best friend and her family

My best friend, Racheal, called me today. She was crying and I asked her what was wrong. She said her Dad was attacked by bees today and died. He never had any problems being stung before so they don't know if he was swarmed or what happened. She was on the way home from her sister's house 3 hours away when it happened. Her brother found him outside all blue and they rushed him to the hospital, but it was too late. I feel horrible for her and wish I could be there with her. I was stunned and didn't know what to say at the time other than I was sorry and I would pray for her. She knew if anyone understood what she felt and what she was going through it was me (I lost my real mom at the age of 8). She told me she'd call me next week after things settled down, but she just wanted to ask for prayers for their family. Her Mom has been going through a lot of emotional stuff and having some isssues already so she's worried how she's going to deal with this on top of everything else. I feel horrible for her and really wish I could be there with her. We finished talking and she told each other that we loved each other and I started to cry for her. I was trying to hold it together for her sake until we got off the phone though. If you don't mind, please say a prayer for her and her family.

Abba, I pray for Racheal and her family. I pray that you are with her family and with her Mom, Michelle, as they grieve for the loss of their father and husband. I pray for Racheal's girls as well as they grieve over losing their Grandpa. Be with them during this difficult time and help them through their pain and grief and always show them that You are there to see them through. I'll always remember Racheal's Dad...he nicknamed me "Giggles" from back when we were in junior high together and we would laugh and laugh all night long whenever I stayed at their house. He was a good man and I know he will be missed.

I'm struggling with the guilt of not being able to be there with her. I'd give anything to give her a hug and to hug her Mom. I know the best thing that I can do is to pray and hold them in my thoughts and prayers and to be here to listen...but we've been friends forever (since 7th grade) and her family was like a 2nd family to me and I just hurt for them. Losing a parent is so hard and something you never truly get over. I just truly want to be there for her and I feel guilty being so far away.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your friends loss. How horrible for her, how wonderful for him to with his Father! Death is so bittersweet. i pray for her peace.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home