Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hi. My name is Jessica and I am addicted to fast food...

I told Andy that I needed to start getting back to having cash for my allowance as opposed to just using our debit card. It was getting to the point where I'd just need to get out of the house so I'd go start driving around with the kids (I love to drive and it relieves stress for me to drive around and listen to my music. Anyway, we'd go through the drive-thru just intending to get something to drink but then the kids would want some snacks and I'd decide that something sounded good too. Well, I've really discovered that I'm a lot less careful with cash...not that I go way overboard with the debit card either, but I told Deidra it's time to start making more stuff at home and if they want snacks or ice cream...we have an ice cream maker at home and we can always start buying it at the store. It's time to get back to doing more at home...not to mention it's cheaper to do it that way and we can have fun making it together.

I also have discovered Menu-Planning Monday and I think I'm going to start doing it. We need to start eating a bit healthier and knowing what we're going to have for dinner each night will help. There's a lot of times we eat on the run, but I think I'll just have simple meals ready for those nights. Like tonight, I'm making beef stew and biscuits for dinner. But, I am determined to get this family back on track. We've gotten too used to being in a hurry or busy with the kids and we just go run and grab something for dinner. Well, not anymore. I will get my family back to having more organization and I'll be doing my best to get dinner on the table by the time Andy is home from work at 6.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home