Monday, August 25, 2008

Deidra's 1st Day of 2nd Grade




I honestly can't believe she's old enough to be in 2nd grade. I brought her in this morning to figure out which teacher she had and to walk her to class. The school's got everything all messed up (she transferred to a new school since we moved and they were no longer approving school requests so she had to transfer to the school our neighborhood kids went to even though the other school she went to last year is literally a 2-minute drive and the new one is about a 20-minute drive). Anyway, this is her this morning getting ready to go (excuse the wet hair). She insisted on wearing one of her new JC Penney shirts. We got in the van to drive to school and I was teary-eyed and she thought it was funny that I cried when she went off to kindergarten and I cried when I brought her to first grade and now I was about ready to cry again. I told her one day when she was a mom she would understand. But, I am proud of her. I know she's anxious about not knowing anyone at her new school, so I found on the roster that a boy she went to kindergarten with was in the classroom next to her. Her teacher seems awfully nice as well. And I couldn't help but overhear when we walked in (we got her to class about a half an hour late because of the school mess up) that the boy at her table said "ooh, she's cute." Did I mention that I totally am not ready for this boy stuff and that Andy is REALLY NOT READY for this boy stuff??

I can't wait until it's time to go get her and hear all about her day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home