Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My birthday celebration!

Well, I am officially 32. My birthday was yesterday. It was a pretty low key day, but I received some very nice cards and gifts. My Dad and I's relationship has been pretty rocky for a few years now, but he sent me the nicest birthday card that literally made me cry. He handwrote some things on there that were very sweet and meant a lot.

Andy came home from work with a dozen red roses for me. They are striped in lighter shades of red and they were just beautiful. I've never seen roses like that before. Anyway, he also had a birthday cake for Baby T as she turned 2 on Saturday. So, we headed to Applebee's for our birthday dinner. The girls do not wait patiently for food at all, so we had to try lots of distraction techniques while we waited for our food, but once dinner came it was all good. We came home for cake and gave Baby T her presents and I opened my cards and the present from Andy's Mom that she sent. I went to bed feeling very blessed. I was scared to death to turn 30...but I have to say the 30s have been very good to me and I have learned a lot about myself.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a nice celebration. Jim turns 42 tomorrow so I am going to try to make the long drive down to pick up his favorite pizza.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home