Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Deidra's got the flu...

She threw up during the middle of the night on Sunday night and I thought it was her reflux acting up again as she was fine the rest of the day. She said her stomach hurt on Monday morning and I got her a Prevacid and she went to school. She was fine all day. She went to bed last night and about an hour later she came stumbling down the stairs acting really drowsy. I thought she was sleep walking or something and we asked her what she was doing. She says "hold on" and walks into the little bathroom and we heard the splatter and went running to her. She was projectile vomiting everywhere. I got her in the bath afterwards to clean up and I got her back to bed with her trusted bucket (she sleeps with one as we never know when her reflux is going to act up). She was up 5-6 times last night getting sick. I don't know how I'm going to get the rest of the kids to leave her alone to avoid getting sick...they're always crawling all over her and stuff as she loves to give them all piggy back rides and they're always sitting on her lap and so forth. So today will be interesting. Not to mention, I don't know how I'm going to get the girls in for their shots today (it takes 3-4 people to hold the girls down so they're still enough to get their shots and they are screaming, crying, and kicking the whole time they're at the doctors (from the minute we walk in the door). I don't have a choice but to go today either with them possibly being moved to friend of Mom's. I want to make sure that they are caught up on immunizations before they go anywhere else. I guess Deidra will have to go with me and we'll have to make sure she brings a bucket with her. I just hope the rest of us don't get sick.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh no! I hope it passes quickly and that she's feeling better real soon! :(

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home