Sunday, December 07, 2008

This stuff with my Mom...

We haven't talked a lot since Thanksgiving. We saw each other last Sunday at church and although we were nice to one another not much was said. She came over Friday after work to drop off some stuff that we had left at her house on Thanksgiving and to drop off my Dad's check card that my brother had borrowed to pay for his car parts. Anyway, she wouldn't venture into the kitchen where Andy was and I had to tell Andy to say "hello" to her at least. Deidra wanted to spend the night with her and so Grandma took her home with her. I told her depending on how late Andy was going to work (he had to work all weekend doing some big computer updates and stuff this weekend), I would have him drop by to get Deidra since it's pretty much on his way home. Deidra called Saturday morning to tell me what they were going to do that day and that Grandma said she'd drop her off at home when they were done because they were going to be out this way anyway. She dropped her off at 7 and when Deidra asked where Daddy was I told her that he was still at work. I told my Mom that he had gone in at 2:30 in the morning and he was still at work. She said "well, maybe they can count this towards the times that he takes off early...with all the layoffs and everything happening it's a miracle that he has a job." This is the 2nd time that she's brought this up in about a month or two. I told her that he works at least 10 hours of overtime a week and that his boss is ok with any of them having to leave early as long as the hours are made up. I don't know...she's always talking about being positive and planting seeds and how she hates sarcasm because it's so negative and talks a person down. She left and it hit me "so it's ok for her to talk negatively and make me worry about things I don't have a reason to worry about, but Andy can't make a sarcastic joke?" In the end, which one causes more damage? Andy got home a littler after 10 last night and I talked to him about it and he reassured me that his boss was fine with him leaving when he had to as they know that Andy will work from home if need be and that he goes in early as well or he stays late if he needs to get something done. He also told me that his boss told him that he'd be getting a nice Christmas bonus this year for all his hard work. And as I got to thinking about it...my Mom was leaving work early to go get my brother from various things and driving here and there...how is that any different than Andy taking lunch and coming home to help me take the kids to the doctor or help me out with a home visit so that one of us can talk to the caseworker while the other one supervises the kids. She certainly likes to plant negative seeds lately. Andy told me to let it go and I'm going to put it back into God's hands, but I wish she could see sometimes what her comments do as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home