Thursday, May 07, 2009

Great...

Deidra just informed me that she has lunch detention because she has had 10 tardies for the school year. Yeah, nevermind the fact that the last one she got was when the tornado sirens were going off and it was pouring buckets of rain when I was trying to get everyone into the car. Her school really bothers me sometimes with it's no tolerance policies. I understand teaching kids to be responsible and so forth, but there are some things that are out of our control (such as the weather)...and her school is strict about it as well...there have been times that we have been waiting in line and the cars in front of us are taking their sweet time and she gets out a minute late and she comes home with a tardy slip. We'd been sitting in the car line for a few minutes waiting and yet it's a tardy. There are times that I've taken her directly to the front door so that she avoids being tardy and she still comes home with a tardy slip...when I complained about it they informed me that any student coming through the front door they count automatically tardy. How stupid is that?? She comes in to avoid being tardy, yet she's still tardy. UGH!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling! Katie's school sent home a letter telling me that she has had 4 unexcused abscences this year and that if it happens again, I am going to have to take mandatory parenting classes to teach me why it's important for kids to be at school every day! I WROTE the absent notes, I don't know why they were put down as unexcused! I marched right to the school to complain and they resolved the problem, but still, it's not like she is absent often!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home