Friday, August 14, 2009

And people are in favor of a government run health care system?

We got a packet in the mail last week saying that we needed to pick a doctor/counselor to be in charge of Josiah's behavioral health. I called some places and left messages to see who I felt most comfortable treating him. When he was adopted, he gets a new form of Medicaid. Anyway, they sent another letter today saying that if they didn't hear from us by August 20, they'd drop him to a lower level of services. Well, I decided to call today and tell them who we were going to use. They verify his address and ask what relationship I am to him. They tell me that there's been some sort of mistake or something, but that he can't be enrolled today as I'm not on their list as someone who can make his medical decisions. I told them that I was the adoptive mother, the whole time we fostered him I was listed as his primary medical consenter and I have the adoption papers with the judge's signature listing Andy and I as his adoptive parents. I asked them if Andy was on their list and she said she couldn't tell me anything. She asked if I had any other questions and I got snippy...I told her "well, I guess you can't answer them anyway even if I did now could you??" UGHHHHH! I have Andy calling them now to see if he's on their list. And people want a government run health care system??

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home