Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some things that I am thankful for...

God is truly working with my parents. They resolved their arguments from the last week and realized that they both had misunderstood each other. They are taking things slowly and giving each other time, but God has been telling me that with time it will all be ok. They had a great weekend together. We hd a great time at their cook-out on Sunday afternoon as well. It was nice...Dad cooked the whole meal and Andy made the pie that I wanted to take over because I was so busy that day and I wanted to bring something over. My brother is always asking me for pie anyway. It was a great meal and great time spent togther.

My Dad is back in Texas. He's going to still be living out of his truck, but he will be able to be around all of us more. God is definitely working with him. I have had more conversations lately that I never would have had with him years ago. He is really developing his own personal relationship with God. It's a blessing to see.

I prayed for a friend here in Texas and God has brought one to me. I love hanging out with her and I can see us becoming great friends. Beth, I'm so glad to have your friendship. You are a beautiful person and I feel blessed to have your friendship!

I'm glad that Josiah is ours now and that he is making some small steps forward. He is a blessing. He is a handfull and a half, but he is a true blessing. I love that little boy and when he smiles at you, you just can't help but smile back at him.

I'm thankful for the huge help that Deidra has been this summer. Sometimes she just amazes me at how good she is with her brother and her sisters. She can calm them down sometimes even when I can't and they all just love her. Of course, she's good at getting them all riled up too. But, she really has been a big helper this summer.

I'm also thankful for a training class that we went to over the weekend at our agency. Neither Andy or I really wanted to go, but we left with renewed hope on new ways to deal with discipline and getting some of our behaviors that we're dealing with under control. It was also nice to share and laugh with the other foster parents. It was good! Deidra has really been responding well to it also.

Thank you, Abba, for all the blessings in my life and I pray for blessings for all my friends and family as well.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home